- David J. Ulrich
- First day
- June 23, 2014
This course will cover such topics as electromagnetism, relativity, quantum mechanics and nuclear science. In addition, we will touch on some subjects related to solid state physics and particle physics.
Our textbook will be Physics (9th edition) by Cutnell and Johnson. We will be covering chapters 18–24 and 28–32 in this course.
Each Monday session will be held in Room 223. This room contains the material used for the labs. Therefore labs will fall on the Monday meetings. The Wednesday sessions will consist solely in lecture and will be held in Room 225.Click here to download the course syllabus.
- Lecture outline
- Video and animation links
- Lecture 2: DC Circuits and Magnetism
- Lecture 3: Electromagnetic Induction
- Lecture 4: EM Radiation and Relativity
- Lecture 5: Special Relativity (Again)
- Lecture 6: Gravity and General Relativity
- Lecture 7: Quantum Mechanics and QED
- Lecture 8: Atoms and Solid State Physics
- Lecture 9: Nuclear Science
- Lecture 10: High Energy Physics
- Student video ideas
- Quantum tunneling animation
- Solution to Problem 2 from Homework 4
- General relativity equation list